The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is primarily for wannareef to check out, but please make any suggestions or point out any obvious problems all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
looks good! the only suggestion i can think of is switch the baffles around. instead of the first one being a flow over, make it a flow under. bubbles want to go up. so why help them to get past the first baffle.;)

other than that looks well thought out to me.

G~

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
duh!

(slaps self across face for being an eediot)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Actually Geoff, I built mine exactly how Krux has it...my thinking was this...if the first baffle is an under, then if you have alot of flow coming downward, alot of the bubbles will pass under it...

I built mine as a flow over first, to force every single dang bubble to the top so that 99% of them will still be on the surface when they hit the first flow under...then again.

Also Krux, if you do decide to make the first a flow under like geoff said, there will be no need for a 4th baffle as it will be a flow over, and defeats the purpose.

Dave

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i jsut built my sump yesterday... 3 baffles. under over under :D

but i'm also planning to put some rolled poly filter between the baffles as a bubble trap..

seems to work awesome on the wet dry sincei t came with a big sponge. i have never had a bubble problem.

·
Registered
706 Posts
hmm...so Geoff what your saying is that as soon as the bubbles hit that first "over" they are going to be pulled down by the current?

I guess that makes since, especially in the more dense water....I don't know how much of a problem I am going to have just yet..we will have to wait and see......

I should know if its going to work about in about an hour....

Dave

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
If you raise the fuge a little higher - more of a gravity feed to the last chamber in the pump intake area of the sump, the water "won't back flow to the fuge. The first "over" divider is higher than the bulkhead and would cause a flood from the fuge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts