The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I thought what ever you use had to be able to support I believe 250lbs. I use a large maple end table. Figured if my hubby could jump on it, it would hold my tank. lol Seriously tho, just make sure what you use can support the tank.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did the math today, when someone asked me what floor I put my 120 on. I figured that if the tank is roughly 1200lbs loaded. maybe that's a little low, but for the sake of argument, let's say it's close enough The tank is 2'x4', so it's 150lbs per square foot. that's just over 1 lb per square inch. Hardly seems so heavy anymore.

In fact, at 1200lbs, it would be like having 6 of me standing inside a 2'x4' rectangle. doesn't seem like anything that should overstress a normal residential floor.

My tank is on a concrete floor in the basement though, so no need to worry :)

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Not sure what's up with the stands... there was nothing "wrong" with them, probably just a supply/demand issue.

I've had and sold about 3 of them, they are just out of stock right now with the distributor. They are made overseas so it could be anything from a factory issue to a shipping issue to a customs clearance issue. I've had instances when product (not Current USA - another overseas manufacturer) had literally dozens of shipping containers full of product that weren't released yet. Once the bottleneck in the system cleared, there was lots of product to be had. It happens.

During the shipyard strike a year or so ago, it was a real mess.

Jenn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts