The Reef Tank banner
4K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  Dentoid 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new here and couldn't find a spot for introductions. Therefore I am going to use this to introduce myself.

Hi gang! :wavey:

I currently have a 20g reef setup with a Bak-Pak 2 skimmer. 26 lbs of LR, and 30 lbs of LS. I will get updated pics tonight, quite a bit has been changing lately. I will get a stock list, and pics up tonight

I also have a 220 sitting in my basement begging me to be set up! Our goal was July but looks like it will be later than that now.

My fiance and I are now officially engaged :agree: and plan on getting married soon... that's still up in the air, we have ideas, but not 100% set on it.

Here is a little off topic..
This past weekend my sister got married. I was Maid of Honor, and very happy to be! Well, back in February, my sister and I were watching The Ellen show and saw this for the first time. Where the bride and groom did this. We went a little further, and had the entire wedding party do it!

Enjoy!!! Oh yeah, the person that taped it for me missed the beginning. What happened was they did their traditional first dance, and then the cd sounded like it was skipping, and broke into the entertaining dance that you all see.

Thanks for looking!!

Here is us doing a Wedding Party Surprise First Dance at my sisters wedding June 28, 2008
YouTube - Wedding Party Surprise First Dance

See less See more
#9 ·
I loce your sister's wedding dress.
Looks like everyone had a good time. I have always avoided wedding parties. I've been asked to be a brides maid a few times and have successfully dodged it every time, along with my graduation ceremonies...I just don't do ceremonies. I just show up for the beer at the end.

#14 ·
Hail, Hail the gang's all here!! Hi to all those from places such as RB & RS!!

I'm begining to feel like a wanderer! Where's the rest of the gang??
Oh sure sure...I see how you are. I have been hanging out here a week, you wouldn't come visit, but Stace posts and all of a sudden you appear.

#15 ·
We all know that I am Gary's favorite! After all Becky... my maid of honor speech talked a LOT about Jimmy Buffett...

Anyways, here are some pics from today, for those of you who know my tank, the far right rock is new as of two days ago, it looks a LOT better. Sorry the pics are so blurry, I just got done blowing the rocks off, water is cloudy yet..

My LFS closed yesterday :( All done. Now we have to drive 1.5-2 hours ONE way to get to LFS gosh it's going to be annoying.

#19 ·
Hahah Come on Kathy get with it.<--I am just kidding of course!!

I am so happy with how the tank is turning out. Except, can't help but wonder how in the world I am going to be able to handle the 220 when it's up. With all of this spot feeding etc... Seems like I spend a lot of time on something TEN times smaller than the new tank!

#22 ·
Sounds good!

They are one of my favorites in my tank for sure! Right behind my purple ones. My orange colt coral has dropped a baby, actually two. They are growing wonderfully and eating mysis. The zoa's are growing like crazy too. The button polyps that Daniel (tippman) sent me are spreading like no tomorrow, he was right, they are FAST growers. And very large polyps.

Becky--I am sure he is going to hang onto them for quite some time. He has had them piggybacking since before I left for michigan, that was 13 days ago! I am just worried him having them will stunt them spreading. We will see what happens!

#24 ·
Oh yeah, and those of you who know my latest problem.... Algae battle! If you look back at the pics with the new rock. THere's not NEAR as much algae. My 3 days of darkness and Chemi-Clean made a HUGE difference. The only thing is some hair algae. You can see it on Coco worms tube, and little elsewhere.

#28 ·
The urchins at it again! I thought that I saw something odd on the urchins back, sure enough when I got a close up, not only does he have a good size colony of Zoa's...now he has managed to pick up my GSP's and take them with him!!! Here you go.. This was about 2 minutes ago.

My helper today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.