The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally installed a spray bar in my tank. I used 3/4" flexible PVC (found in the irrigation section at Lowes) and drilled about 10-12 holes (1/4" bit). I put some of the holes facing directly down to get some flow behind my rock work. The remaining holes were pointed toward the front of the tank in random areas. I am very happy with the additional flow I am getting combined with a 3/4" Sea Swirl fed by a mag7 from my sump. I think it blends in pretty well with the black background. I will try to get some better pictures of the spray bar installed this afternoon!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pic 3

Oh yeah I forgot a few things, this is a 2 foot piece and I plugged one end with a 3/4" barbed fitting. I am using a Hagen 802 for my pump.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
looks good! why not try putting it even lower? and run another section of pipe down to it from the pump, connected with and elbow?

then you wouldnt see it at all, and could still have the 802 at the top of the tank for convenience.

cant wait to incorporate my last one into the CLS on the 75 when i set it up!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Jay,

Well I am trying to get the maximum flow out of my pump I can and if I put a bunch of elbows and such on the spray bar I will just be creating more friction and less flow. I put the spray bar where it is at because I just bought some SPS frags and they will need the additional flow on those top rocks where I will be placing them. Once the little frags start growing you will not notice the spray bar as much.

thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
ahhhh.. gotcha.. good point!

remember to keep the maximum amount of pics flowing to trt too :funny:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts