The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed that the silversides i fed the anenome today are sitting not infront of him...i flashed the light and my worm went FLYING back...should i take this out ASAP or leave it for him to scavange...looks like some meat was eat...is this a sign of him rejecting the food or is he full?...it was originally for the star anyway

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Could be a number of things. They don't eat when ill, getting ready to split, or may be full I quess. Mine never turns down a meal. Try again tomarrow. Just don't try to force feed it you could damage the mouth. Make sure no one else is taking the food from him.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I didn't even pay attention to the size:doh: Needs to be 1/4 inch. Will definatly spit out food that is too big. So when I feed I need to get the food out? I usually leave it so the various snails, crabs, and other scavengers can get it. Never more than 1\2 a day tho. This is bad?

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I feed every other day. Either blender mush or small chunk of raw shrimp. If he doesn't grab the food I don't force it on him. That rarely happens tho he's a pig. Check this out. He has a beautiful sebae that started out very bleached. If you go to his web site listed below it has great info on care of this anemone. And to the mods I hope it's okay to copy and paste the thread cause I don't know how to do links to where I found it. If this was wrong just let me know.
<TABLE class=tborder id=post716010 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>skeety<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_716010", true); </SCRIPT>
Baby Moderator

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: im_aim --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: im_aim --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: im_yahoo --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: im_yahoo -->

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_716010><!-- message -->I think you'll find this VERY helpful:

mysite.verizon.net/s0da/sabae.html
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jenajet said:
I feed every other day. Either blender mush or small chunk of raw shrimp. If he doesn't grab the food I don't force it on him. That rarely happens tho he's a pig. Check this out. He has a beautiful sebae that started out very bleached. If you go to his web site listed below it has great info on care of this anemone. And to the mods I hope it's okay to copy and paste the thread cause I don't know how to do links to where I found it. If this was wrong just let me know.
<TABLE class=tborder id=post716010 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>skeety<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_716010", true); </SCRIPT>
Baby Moderator

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: im_aim --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: im_aim --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: im_yahoo --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: im_yahoo -->

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_716010><!-- message -->I think you'll find this VERY helpful:

mysite.verizon.net/s0da/sabae.html
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

wheres the anenome? lol im lost just shows the 4 tanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts