The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear Valued Marine Hobbyist,

Today is the day that we are announcing to the world our long awaited “Top Secret” product, Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix. (A new “Micro-Site” link is attached for you to see all of these exciting new products) http://www.oceanicsystems.com/seasalt/ . We formed a team of top dealers from around the country and they created a “Wish list of product attributes” based on the deficiencies of current products found in their stores. This list was the corner-stone of our mission and includes:

· Slow mixing product
· Consistent quality from batch to batch
· Wasted product due to high moisture
· Poor package performance (damaged product)

Our primary goal was to develop a formula that addresses these concerns. Our research efforts have yielded a BREAK-THROUGH formula resulting in a Patent pending manufacturing process, which generates a “Micro-Crystal.” These special “Micro-Crystals” not only mix incredibly fast, they also mix incredibly clear. In addition to the “Micro-Crystal” technology Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix offers the following attributes:

§ All Natural ingredients
§ Calcium and Natural Trace Elements
§ Triple tested and verified by an independent lab to ensure quality
§ “Batch” labeling on every box.

Lastly, we addressed the PACKAGING opportunities and created a group of packages unequalled in today’s market. From a single use, 5-gallon stand up pouch to RESEALABLE multi-use larger sizes, Oceanic Natural Sea Salt mix will meet and exceed your requirements for a dependable quality sea salt mix.

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/seasalt/

·
REALLY excited to be here
579 Posts
I have my sample coming.

·
Ghetto Reefer 101
1,447 Posts
i'd get a smaple, but what would I do with 5 gallons? I guess I could test it,...but I'm lazy, I'll wait for others to report

·
579 Posts
That is what I am going to do with it.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Rover said:
Dear Valued Marine Hobbyist,

Today is the day that we are announcing to the world our long awaited “Top Secret” product, Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix.
Sounds like a Marc Weiss product.:D

·
Banned
2,520 Posts
I got the sample also, I was gona use it on my Margaritas. It's not enough to do anything else. Rick will you join me?:beer:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't think Rick drinks ..... that little :D

Well unless we're all at $3 cafe...then we'll party....

So I'll bring mine too .... :beer:

Happy Holidays All!!!

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Mafiaman said:
I got the sample also, I was gona use it on my Margaritas. It's not enough to do anything else. Rick will you join me?:beer:
Now there's a DIY mind at work.;)
:beer:

·
579 Posts
What a plan, margaritas and all the important minerals at the same time. It sounds like just what the body needs. What more could you ask for.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Well I plan to use my sample in a small nano tank. Two water changes at least I hope to squeeze out of it.

Ray

·
Banned
2,520 Posts
I'm a southerner, I use more salt than that on a cheese burger!:funny:
Luis Grizard said "If you feed a southerner salt lick soup he'll still put salt into it!"

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the fisrt look at pricing on this stuff on Wednesday. Packaging look really nice, the 50 gallon container is in a plastic jug with a pour spout and will probably retail for 20-25 bucks depending on the markup at your lfs. There will also be a 90 gallon jug as well as a 200 gallon. Pricing on the 200 gallon bucket (resealable screw top, plastic handle) will probably be somewhere between 40 and 60 bucks depending on where you are getting it from. Will be interesting to see what happens to the pricing when IO goes to their 160 gallon jug.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
There is a local LFS here in Columbus that already has the 160G IO buckets. Same price as the 200 gallons went for, 49.99. Also Petsmart is now charging a shipping surcharge on their buckets of IO salt (still 200 gallon), between 8and 16 per bucket even when you use the "free shipping" code. I just ordered 4 more buckets from them. I called because I had never seen the surcharge before and I thought maybe it was a mistake. I was told that they are now charging it and that it was not a mistake. Since I had been ordering IO buckets from before the surcharge, she did remove the surcharge for this one shipment but said I would have to pay the surcharge in the future. This will give me enough salt to hold me for a while... :D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
cyberchef said:
...Also Petsmart is now charging a shipping surcharge on their buckets of IO salt (still 200 gallon), between 8and 16 per bucket even when you use the "free shipping" code... ...she did remove the surcharge for this one shipment but said I would have to pay the surcharge in the future...
Heh, Once again, all good things come to an end, hope you folks stocked up while it was cheap...

Hmmmmm... margarita salt... :D

I wonder if US Bar y Grill knows about this...

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
tdwyatt said:
Hmmmmm... margarita salt... :D

I wonder if US Bar y Grill knows about this...
Ya know for a non-resident you sure know our best watering holes. When are you coming down again Tom?

·
Banned
2,520 Posts
I'll be in Spartanburg Tue. and Wed. , Wonder where I could get a drink?
Hmmm. who would know?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Mafiaman said:
I'll be in Spartanburg Tue. and Wed. , Wonder where I could get a drink?
Hmmm. who would know?
:D You'll have a PM when I finish email tonight!
originally posted by RickO
When are you coming down again Tom?
I'll be doing the presentation on "Seawater and Calcium and Alkalinity for Closed Systems" at the Jan 13 meeting of the ARC... prolly need to hit a few lfs while I am there, then all that talking makes one awfully thirsty, and I HAVE to eat...... :rolleyes:

Too bad I have to be in Columbia the next morning for a meeting, I think that a late night Mexican drin.. er, uh, dinner, yeah SUPPER sounds pretty good to ME! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts