The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spanky said:
Ok, here's the short answer, I'll give you the long one if you really want it.

In all the BB threads, I kept saying one thing that no one seemed to pick up on - no matter how many ways I said it.

All the BB haters kept saying "sterile, sterile, sterile...." so that's what people remembered and that's what made sense to a lot of people when they were thinking about going BB. Keep it sterile...

No, that's not what I said. I said that I have a heavy fish load and feed a lot - a whole lot.

It was the people trying to wreck every BB thread that were posting things like "you can't have a lot of fish, you can't feed heavy, you have to keep it sterile by not adding anything, etc etc"

What I have is a good enough skimmer and circulation to get it back out and not let it sit and rot afterwards. It's the sitting and rotting that releases phosphorus/phosphate compounds.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Amen........BB 2 skimmers and 138x, lots of food and fish . Adding another 12 fish soon.

Sucessful BB'er for sometime now .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Spanky I got it the first time I read about it from your posts.I am glad you shed some light on an alternative to the sand bed.Its common sense actualy and thats something you just cant teach.

Again Thanx Spanky for all your posts.I have never been happyer than I am with a BB.:beer:

·
Banned
3 Posts
I like this!........the sand just "Traps" everything!..right?
Sorry I don't have a tank yet ..(i'm just learning before I do).-M :freak:

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
i hear ya jason ! but hes doing good and sounds alot happier now than he did this time last year .
sooner or later he'll get bored with his project he has going on right know and will probably come back !:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts