The Reef Tank banner

spacing for grow out SPS frags

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Junkzoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Well ,Some times i amaze even ME!:eek: :beer:
lets see,,,
after water tests/dosing
made up a bunch of RO/DI,,,daily occurence
went out to work on the 1952 Ford 8n tractor's 3 pt hitch hyd. pump(any experts PLEASE EMAIL ME!)
put fresh/Stabil'ized fuel in da generator ,and fired it up for it's monthly running,,,

i was thinking of the SPS frags i got from IMAC last Sunday,knew i wanted to construct a "ledge" to hold them up in the tank .if you saw my tank, you would agree .I HAVE NO PLACE TO PUT THEM!
:idea: I'll make a shelf/ledge to mount on the glass to hold them,,
the frags are mounted on large plastic screws , and the place i got them from , had a acrylic plate w/holes.
i got out some old Oceanic wet/dry plastic grate (i throw nothing away,,,the "Junk " part of Junkzoo) went into my bag of new/old /dead suction cups, found a never used suction cup mounting plate from a old Rio,,some cable ties and some reef glue,,TA DA!
plus i used my band saw,,,(guy thing points;) )
the holes are perfect for the frags , they are up higher towards the light/current,,
after this looong post ,,just a insight to my day and how i do things,,,here there, here there,,:rolleyes:
actually, my real question is:
can i keep these frags fairly close together? they are prob 2" frags,,and now are about spread out about 2-3 " apart(for now)
sorry Geoff and everyone,,,no pics of my creation,,,camera is currently loaned out,,,:(

See less See more
#3 ·
I have used an old betta condo thing, drilled bigger holes in it but my problem was the tang would graze off it and back I would be to stand the frags back up. Just too lazy to cut some eggcrate for spacers or something for them to lean against.

band saw thats funny

ziggy

#4 ·
ziggy, like i said the frags are mounted on a plastic screw deal, so the eggcrate hole of the Oceanic grating worked well,,sorta like a screwdriver inna rack deal,,,
(e-back pats to me!):beer: :dance:
heck , i'm gonna make up another one tonite, so's i can put the pre-ship frags up and out of the way,,,,i have virtually NO tank bottom space,and NO spots in the LR,,hence the frag bunk beds!
(thanks for that one ,Geoff);)

#6 ·
Junkzoo said:
^^bumpsie;)
Ok, i am appointing me the head of the pic police.

rule#1: not bumpsies without a question or a pic!

especially after you said you were going to make another one.;)

do you hear sirens, i think i do.:D

G~

#7 ·
i bumpsie, therefore i did!
i am pink , therefore i'm Spam
not gonna take me alive copper!
you know the rules , no camera , no pics,,,,
sent me $$ for a new Olympus,,i'll go along quietly,,,
i made it, it's cool,,,my story,,,,,:D

#8 ·
Geoff said:
Ok, i am appointing me the head of the pic police.

rule#1: not bumpsies without a question or a pic!

especially after you said you were going to make another one.;)

do you hear sirens, i think i do.:D

G~
Ahh, you sound like a Landseer,,,,,,LOL:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.