The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

After the meeting in Andy's shop last month I spoke with someone that wanted me to bring 10 bags to the next meeting.

You know who you are, Send me an email to confirm you're going to be at the meeting, as I don't want to load it up and bring it 250 miles if you're not going to be there. Very important as I will mostlikely be taking back a large amount of salt

(Sorry, I have misplaced your name and addy)
Please send me a PM and let me know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Southdown

Tom,

Thanks for remembering the sand. I have contacted the Home Depot on Barrett Parkway and Dallas Hwy. I am Suppose to be getting a pallet of south down in next week. Will be 56 bags of it..If you don't mind lets hold off at least til the next meeting. At least then I will either have the pallet or need what you have. If it does come in I will have some for anyone who's interested . Oh and am going to sell it for exactly what ever it costs so anyone interested stay tuned will let you know .

Thanks again Tom

Joe Culver

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Southdown

slowburn57 said:
... Suppose to be getting a pallet of south down in next week.
Good deal Joe, I still have a good bit, so if you need it, I'll bring some down this summer. I will be at the meeting Tuesday night (Heh, Jenn has been prodding me to pick up my stuff... :D ) and I need the space in the back of the truck!

Hope to see you at Doug's!

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Re: I need some

ncolon said:
I require 10 to 20 pounds...
If Joe gets his pallet load, he should be able to supply to those with a need in Atlanta for around $7.00 for 50 lbs, although I don't know for sure what his actual cost will be. As is is more than a pain trying to deal with HD to get them to ship the sand, I would prefer to hold onto what I have if Joe i getting a pallet load anyway. If there is a problem, I will use the connections I have already established to get another pallet load. If the club prebuys it, I will make the necessary arrangements. Only problem then would be getting it from Sptbg to Atlanta. With that said, I don't think that you guys will have any trouble getting them to order it, you'll just need to be persistant and MAKE SURE THEY ORDER THE RIGHT ITEM.

btw Joe, they pack it with either 56 or 64 bags, the pallet config is 8 bags in each layer, and it would be good to transport it on a F-250 or equivalent when moving it from HD.

Heh! Plan of being sore the next day!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Tom yes HD told me 6.88 with taxs will probably be about 7 .00 a bag but I'll not know until it gets in so lets see what the week brings

Yep your right Tom I will get in my F-350 . Hopefully if this works out might be able to get a pallet every now and then for the club on a prepay deal. This pallet is a 56 bag one and I need about 15 of them so should be plenty for ya'll when I have it at the house.

Joe

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Re: Re: Southdown

tdwyatt said:
(Heh, Jenn has been prodding me to pick up my stuff... :D ) and I need the space in the back of the truck!

Hope to see you at Doug's!
Yeah - you stood me up twice and the check wasn't in the mail! :rolleyes: ;) I won't fall for the old "I poisoned myself with zoanthids" excuse twice, ya know...... :funny:

I need the space in the shop -- I've got 16 "extra" buckets of salt there!

There's enough salt to harden even the healthiest artery ;)

Jenn

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Ma'am, I m on the way now!!!

See you in about 4 hours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.