The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm setting up my tank and want to use south down sand but can't seem to find any in southern california, anyone know where i might be able to pick some up???? thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been looking here in SoCal myself. Nothin... :( So I had one of the workers look it up in their computer inventory. They did'nt have a record of ever having it in stock. They never heard of it and said it might not be available on the west coast! Weird! Hopefully someone can offer better news. Sad but I've come NOT to trust store employes. I've gotton misinformation one time to many! :(

Scott

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
southdown was generally sold only in midwestern and eastern HD's but not on the west coast.

though, you may find some reefers that have some.

you could also ask them to search other HD's for it, if they find one with a full pallet they can have it shipped to thier store. however, i just tried that a few weeks ago, and they couldnt locate a single store in the country that hada full pallet.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I haven't looked yet, but if you get sandbox sand it probably is made by SD but marketed under a different name.
HTH lee:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.