The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been looking around for replacement T12 VHO bulbs and there doesn't seem to be a good selection available. Most of the places don't even list the color spectrum of the bulb. Anyone know where I can find a good quality T12, particularly a 20k actinic if they make them? Who makes the best T12 bulbs? I am pretty sure I've been using bottom of the barrel stuff: these ones sell for $18 for a 48'' 110w bulb..

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
I would call Eddie and Stacie at Bioreef in Jax and ask them about it. If nothing else, they may be able to get you the bulbs you want and be able to call and find out more on the phone by knowing the vendors they deal with.

·
Administrator
46,680 Posts
Isn't T-12 the standard fat flourescent tube like the URI and Coraldeath, I mean coral life VHO as well as the typical shop light fill ins?

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Isn't T-12 the standard fat flourescent tube like the URI and Coraldeath, I mean coral life VHO as well as the typical shop light fill ins?
yep 12/8ths of an inch. Some shop lights are going to t8 or t5. A standard t12 isn't going to put off much light and VHOs are getting tougher to find.:worm:

·
Administrator
46,680 Posts
If I remember right the T# represents an 1/8th inch a T12 is 1.5 inches in diameter

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I still get my URI super actinics from Premium Aquatics. Maybe they changed names on the bulbs, but I can't remember.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses, sorry I haven't been able to get back sooner. Went on a lil spring vacation. I'll try the place in JAX first and then one of those websites. Hopefully I can find something. Otherwise maybe I should convert my hood to T5s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts