The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here yesterday entering inventories, following up on accounts, perfecting the 'recipe' for the combo reactor . . . .Samantha came out and gave me a butterfly she drew with a stencil. So she had to go back in and make one for NA NA (aka Great Grandma) About 10 minutes later she comes out telling me her neck hurt. I asked her what she did and she said she bumped it on her desk chair.

A little while later she has a really stiff neck, and a slight temperature. I am thinking nothing of it. So I give her some tylenol and pretty much everything goes back to normal.

She gets her bath last night, and heads for bed. She gets up today in so much pain she is unable to move her neck. So off to urgent care we go.

the doc examines her, and the look of concern on her face is not very optimistic. So we get taken into X-ray. Several x-rays later . . . . . .

Come to find out she has a muscle spasm!!! THANK GOD!!! I was about to have a heart attack if she had fractured a bone in her neck. So we have to load her up on ibuprofen, hot packs, and stretch the muscle back the other way. She is in a lot of pain.

Then to top it all off, my favorite doctor in the whole wide world, Samantha's pediatrician is no longer at Mayo. Mayo really needs to get their heads out of their you know what!!!! So the very last reason for us going to Mayo is now gone. Now I am going to switch Samantha over to our local Olmsted Medical doctors!

Anyhow, now that the ibuprofen has kicked in, I am heading off to work an hour late!

But just the sinking feeling you get when the one you love the most may have something serious, is enough to make you vomit!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Glad everything turned out ok Stoney! Pat and I have problems with the hospital admin every now and then and it gets pretty frustrating!;)

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Glad to hear Samantha is going to be ok, Patrick.

A couple of years ago my oldest son started having severe headaches, dizzy spells and tunnel vision. You can just guess what was going through our minds. After myriad tests, no one could figure out what was wrong. While the doctor was deciding on yet another round of tests, the symptoms just went away. Subsequent check ups and tests revealed nothing.

So I know that sinking feeling all too well. I'm glad we both had happy endings!

Alice

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
I have been in the Med Field for almost 14 yrs now and have a good network going, and at the corporate level they mostly suck :(

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Sorry to hear about Samantha....my first thought as I read your post was meningitis...fever and neck pain/stiff neck can be a symtom...

Anyway, do you know the reason Samantha's pediatrician left Mayo? Please make sure you have the whole story before you judge....also please do not slander my employer on this board.

I am glad to hear that Samantha is okay....

Jodi

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slndr)
n.
Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Want proof? Or a Site that has true real life stories, them pm or email me! I stand behind what I said!

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Actually, I have read your website. It is full of lies and half-truths. I noticed that you edited your post. Thank you.

Jodi

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
The post was edited. Feel free to continue your discussions about this hospital off the board.

Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too funny,

now if people would take as much time finding out the facts, they would realize I only own one website, http://www.stoneyreef.com

Just goes to show, what I meantioned before, they just do not get it and this was a prime example.

Anyhow, I wanted to update you all on Samantha, as I know several of you have called me about her. I am heading back in to have a CT scan done. The chief radiologist found an abnormality in one of her x-rays.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Slander? Who got slandered? Mayo? I see no indication where Stoneyreef made any false statements against Mayo!

Actually Jodi you should have pm'd or send an e-mail to Stonereef about your feelings toward what he said!

What did you see in Stoneyreef's post that it was slander toward Mayo(which I assume you are talking about)?

I have my personal problems with hospitals as well and could have sued one and been well off and I kick my butt for not doing so now!

Personally I think you need to apologize to Stoney as it seems no one else saw the slander in Stoney's post!:confused:

And almost forgot I hope everything turns out fine for your daughter and Pat and I are praying for you and Samantha!!:)

·
Super Moderator
22,410 Posts
Johnny, as you might have seen, ,post was edited,,,,,
Let it go , Johnny,,,, :cool:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually Junk,

I believe he did, as we talked quite a bit about some of his situations!!! BTW johnny, I hope your tests turn out great tomorrow!!!!!!!

Samantha is home after a day of waiting and waiting and waiting. CT scan came out totally normal, but they were quite worried as was I!!!

Anyhow, the scan confirmed it was a clenched muscle and we are doing exercises and remedies to get it unclenched and working correctly. Doc says it should take a week! Meanwhile she gets very spoiled!!!!

Have a great night, and in the future may we all remember that those of us in the USA had our fore fathers and our current soldiers fighting to keep our freedom of speech alive!!!! Please remember how important our freedoms are and think twice before censoring them and taking them from someone!!! Also you have nothing to fear if you speak the truth!

God bless each of your loved ones! In GOD We Trust! One Nation!

Patrick

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Patrick,

I will be the first one to defend the rights of Americans to free speech in our country and in the political arena. However, TRT is a privately owned board and we will not allow language or statements which could cause legal problems. Whether it be about an online vendor, board member or some other business or institution.

You are welcome to take your opinions elsewhere.

Alice

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Margeritaville is for non reef related topics and there are a few restrictions that Brooke placed when it was created, ie no argument about guncontrol, religion or politics. Other than that its fairly open discussion, but the rules of conduct apply here as well.
When you start arguing about matters that may end up in litigation or have in the past thats not a good palce to go.
Differing opinions with other members is fin if it civilized but basically if you have nothing nice to say, dont say it.
We can argue about the evils of health care or many other subjects and all its going to do is hurt someones feelings.
Sorry you have had bad experiences with the medical field, but like I said, I know it's not always rosy. You don't always get it your way, but then this aint Burger King, and frankly the arguments getting old

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Why yes it is, I was taught both hands and both eyes:D
As to the issues of slander and censorship, This board is primarily a place to share stuff that doesn't directly relate to the hobby. Occasionally people need to vent, and thats OK but if its going to turn into long drawn out threads that ooze bad vibes and all that I would vote to shut it down immediatly.
When it comes to naming specific institutions and refering to websites to support a position, I suspect that the sites share your views or you wouldn,t be citing them. When you ask for equal time it does work both ways.
As I stated earlier on , I have been in the Med field for nearly 14 yrs, my wife was a Respiratory Therapist for several and my son was a firefighter/EMT one level below Paramedic so believe me, I am aware that the medical profession is not perfect, we dont always get the outcomes we want, and I doubt that there are many clinics, hospitals and Drs group that don't have litigation pending. I have issues with some of the facilities in my area, and will not be taken to them conscious, its my right to choose. But I will not bore everyone on here with details, what will it accomplish? If you don't like the clinic in question, there has to be another choice you can excersise, but when you bash, it invites rebuttal, This seems to have escalated, and to what point, has it changed anything in regards to your original problem. I think not.
Before anyone starts waving the flag and constitution around, please read the users agreement you clicked yes to when you registered. This is forum that is not paid for by users, A lot of time, effort and dollars goes into keeping this site up, and the person that pays gets to write the rules.
As far as I know, even with the changes of late, we will still adhere to the principals we have always operated under, Share info, Enjoy each others company, and BE NICE, I don't thank thats too much too ask, Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts