The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Goooood mawnin’, TRT!

This so weird! I’m never the first want to post on Wednesday. I hope everyone is OK. Coffee is ready, a choice of cereals with diced up peaches, nanners and apples, too toasted English muffins are ready for you to put cream cheese or PB on them.

I am feeling much better today! My back is sore but not the same thing as yesterday, and I’m so grateful.

lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning Cath and everyone,
Going to be a hot and humid day here today. We are driving Shelby to the New Orleans Airport today. She is doing another vacation. She gets 4 week a year and take them about every three months. if she keeps it up she will catch up with Kristine when it comes to vacation time. Probably not but getting there.
We are counting the days to our vacation. Just hope the one system they are saying may hit the gulf doesn’t next week. I think we will go no mater what. But you never know.
Have a great hump day

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vinnie four weeks is amazing for vacation. I had that in the Navy, but never a private company.

Got sucked into all kinds of weird stuff at work. So much for my dream of typing and donuts.

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Morning all,

Early am run to the grub store,, then since the truck was warmed up decided to change the oil /filter👍🏼.
Also got a “change air filter” message pop up in the info screen,, since I have K&N filters on most all things with 4 wheels here, don’t need to monitor “paper” filters. Had to dive into the rabbit hole that is the info system on the instrument cluster to reset, found out (eventually) that “air filter life” was not “checked” on the menu . Turned it on long enuf to reset then undid it being a thing that scrolling the info stuff shows. Did find out I have “trans oil temp” and “brake pad life” available for info scroll viewing. Kept the transmission fluid temp info, but left off the brake stuff( tho at least I got a indication of where my pads were, and will do a front rotor and all 4 brake pad replace before it gets wintery here).

Next is to clean up after the oil change fun,,, then work up a gameplan for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day,,,
And glad you are feeling better Cath👍🏼

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Hey Gang! Make a long story short, I'm well behind the morning thread curve, and will delve into it's intricacies latter.
Had a very rough night last night....POST SURGERY.....and didn't even get home till round mid night, WITHOUT ANY PAIN MEDS!!!!!!!! So a looooooooong night. Took the day off, a whole nother story, to be here to help Jen up and down out of the chair. Neither She of I have had any sleep the past couple days now......Hack is out cold, and I for one am most happy to try and join Him.....Guessing Jen will try as well, but Squirt is stopping by first.
Till the world stops spinning sooooo fast, tata,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Vinnie four weeks is amazing for vacation. I had that in the Navy, but never a private company.

Got sucked into all kinds of weird stuff at work. So much for my dream of typing and donuts.
Yeah it’s pretty good, the most vacation I had in civilian life was three week and one week sick. But before I retired the only way they would approve my vacation was if I agreed to take my laptop along so I could address things that may come up on my active projects. I did get 30 days in military. But only took one and collect the rest when I was discharged. Back then you had to either take the 30 days all at once. Couldn’t split it up.

Hack you all need to rest,

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
i was cash back in the 70's/early80's......the Master at arms would flop a wooden box on a table and commence handing out cash. (y)

So far I managed an hours nap.....no matter how tired, the brain can usually over ride that.....but won't listen to me saying, 'STOP THAT!'. :cautious:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Glad to hear your back is toeing the line better today Cath.....THAT sounded scary yesterday.

Jen's 2 hour procedure, removing a damaged/ misplaced 'lap band', wound up taking 10 hours, including the recovery. Pharmacies, including the hospital's was closed at mid night, so no pain meds...THERE'S PLANNING for Ya. :eek: :mad:
Tried to fill them this morning, and they had been sent to the wrong pharmacy.....had to figure out which one...cancel, and reorder. So over 14 hours with no pain meds POST OP.

Resting more comfortably now, but is a hurting Girl.

Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
I didn’t know you were stationed in San Diego Hack. My son is still down there.
Actually spend several stints out in California.....was ALWAYS A STRANGE LAND. San Diego and San Francisco....2 beautiful, and 2 completely different environments.

wow everyone is crabby at work today. Wish we were allowed translucent liquids.
Appears some 'elected or other wise winding up there' officials have taken your advice. :unsure: ....though they appear to be drinking more that I EVER DID!;)
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
NO.....not the drinking part. Was referring to how I wound up with my response being in Perry's quote, and the other half wasn't?
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Thats what I feel like after balancing the checkbook, and paying critical bills. As far as liquids, we got beer delivery today and now beer showed up , Boss and my lead grabbed a beer from new stock, gave me one and said "We have to do QA"

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good evening!

Wow lots of goings-on with busy people!

Hack thanks for your well wishes on my back feeling better. I just told Bobbi that I could even sit up straight in choir rehearsal! And that’s saying a lot.

Hack, you and the other Hack need a super dooper NAP tonight. It would even be even better if you didn’t have to go to work tomorrow. Maybe Jen can pull the Dr. Jen voice tomorrow morning.

Sleep in grooviness for everyone tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts