The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to have grounding probes on both of my tanks. Than one day some time ago it occured to me.....WHY??.... I mean I have a couple of submersed pumps that have the third prong on them so doesnt this do the same thing??

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Only if the third prong wire is in contact with the water column, which I hope is NOT the case.

·
TCMAS Member
263 Posts
Agreed with thegrimreefer.

The third prong on the pump, heater, UV, etc. is ISOLATED from the water. It does not provide constant grounding unless the particular unit is broken in some way. The ground probe you had added was for constant grounding of the tank to fix its electrical potential to that of the common house ground.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...now I get it.:doh:

·
Registered
894 Posts
:lol:
:nuts: Is anyone else disturbed by Havre's atvar:freak: Maybe it's just because I don't know the story behind it......

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm just making this up...

Once upon a time, in a far away land named Cottage Grove, sat a man and his aquarium. Little did the man know that he was in for a great surprise that day. His prized adult angelfish, which he ever so loved, decided to go carpet surfing. Scott came home from a long vacation to find "Bubba Nemo" on his last breath. And then Bubba Nemo spoke, "Scott, if you put me back into the water, I'll grant you one wish." So Scott but Bubba back into the water, and he wished that the Packers would win a Super Bowl. A few days later he came again, only to find Bubba on the floor again. This time Bubba proclaimed, "but I love Vikings!" In digust, Scott decided to say good bye to his beloved friend. First, he tried flushing Bubba down the toilet, but he was too freaking big. Finally, he put him into a plastic bag and through him out into a busy highway where he was ran over by Brett Farve.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FastFish720 said:

Once upon a time, in a far away land named Cottage Grove, sat a man and his aquarium. Little did the man know that he was in for a great surprise that day. His prized adult angelfish, which he ever so loved, decided to go carpet surfing. Scott came home from a long vacation to find "Bubba Nemo" on his last breath. And then Bubba Nemo spoke, "Scott, if you put me back into the water, I'll grant you one wish." So Scott but Bubba back into the water, and he wished that the Packers would win a Super Bowl. A few days later he came again, only to find Bubba on the floor again. This time Bubba proclaimed, "but I love Vikings!" In digust, Scott decided to say good bye to his beloved friend. First, he tried flushing Bubba down the toilet, but he was too freaking big. Finally, he put him into a plastic bag and through him out into a busy highway where he was ran over by Brett Farve.
You promised you wouldnt tell anyone!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
FastFish720 said:

WOW that was one sad fish, to give his life (not once but twice) for two bad teams... :lol:

TAMPA BAY

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
capman said:
I think the avatar is basically a form of mourning the tragic, sudden, unexplained loss of a moorish idol that he used to have that had been doing well for several years.

See:http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22155&highlight=dead+idol+society

That is it. It is a moorish idol, which IMO, are the holy grail of saltwater fish. The ones found in Costa Rica, where several sitings are guaranteed, are amazing. If they were easy to keep I'd have a tank of just them. It's neat to see large healthy adults with the long streamers. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts