The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes George, they showed entire regions of the meditteranean sea that are overrun with it and it has choked out almost all of the other life. There is one nudibranch that eats it, but they are not sure what other damage that nudi may cause. They are thinking about dumping 1,000 of them in to see what happens.

Thanks you Mr. Peanut. :)

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

ericgreg, I may be able to bring a few more frags with me to the next PMAC meeting I can make it to. Many of the members have some of my stuff in their tanks already. :)

I am also working on a new project for a grow out system that I will unveil at a later date when I have something more to show.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
wow how did i miss this tank!!??!?!

those ricordia are amazing. i want some in my 10gal soon whats the one with the green center?
Which one with the green center? ;) Tell me which picture counting from the top down and I will let you know what it is.

Thanks Vinnie.

I did not realize it has been nearly 3 months since I last updated this thread. Looks like I will be taking some new pictures this weekend to post for you all to see what the tank looks like now.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wow man you got all that stuff to grow so nicely under just a t5 strip eh? Really nice frag rack!
Thanks! Yes, the 4X39 watt fixture does a great job for the softies in this tank. I am actually surprised that the two montiporas have done so well in here, as that was done just as an experiment at first.

Great shots AW . How you making out with the new camera ?
Thanks Tom. I am still trying to get used to it. The top shots in the thread are with the old camera, and the ones right above here are with the new one. I think it is working quite well, and with more practice I may actually be able to get some decent shots. :)

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you let nature take its course, like I did in this case, they usually begin forming new mouths when they reach about 1 1/2 - 2 inches across. With that being said, there is a way to speed up the process as well. If you can get the ric to foot to 2 separate pieces of rubble, then you can glue one piece on the edge of a rock and let the other piece hang over. Before you know it gravity will take over and you will have 2 polyps that are the same size. I have had this happen on accident in my tank as well.

Best of luck with adding the rics and getting them to grow into a nice garden. :)

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
thanks wolf the tank looks great. hopefully mine will look that good one day.
Thanks again. I am sure you will get there with time. :)

Wow i dont know how you guys get such beautiful corals! I love the tank, i wish my 29 could be that filled with corals
Patience and, much to my wife's dismay at times, a lot of coral shopping. Joining a local club is also a huge help as you may get LFS discounts, as well a a group of people who are more than willing to trade with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.