The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am all ears i do not like it at all thinking of getting a g3 but if i can improve this one i would be happy

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,736 Posts
A G3 would be a far better choice!!!!! If you have the cash I would definitally go for it. I just didn't want to dis your skimmer, because it looked new and I know they sell for a lot of money, even now.

However if you want to limp it along for a while, you can drill a hole in the lid, get some rigid air line tubing, run it down to the bottom of the skimmer with a limewood airstone and hook a Luft pump to the other end of the rigid air line. Now you can inject a bunch more air into this sucker just remember to clean it regularly and replace your airstone every 2 weeks.

Another simpler/less effective way is to hook the luft pump to the venturi to force more air into it. This is not as effective because the bubles don't wind up as small.

The Luft pump is needed because it has a nob on the front to control the airflow, you can use this to adjust the skimmer.

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info
i just moved the tank into my new house about a month ago and still need to do some home improvements so i think the g3 will have to wait
i am gonna have to stick it out with the berlin for a little while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts