The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I really need help! I need a protein skimmer for my 90 gal mixed reef tank. I just don't know which one to buy. And which one is for my tank. I'm new to all this so I don't want to buy a piece of junk but I don't want to spend 600$ on over kill. Can some one tell me which one to buy that will work good for my tank? Any help will be appreciated!:help:

·
Veteran Newbie
3,799 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will go with the nwb150 reef octopus for my 90 gal. I hear a lot of good things about them will this one be good for my size tank? I don't really have a lot of fish (3) corals really. I've read about skimmers and lights non stop and I still can't get a good understanding on how much is to much or to less!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I used the Eshopps PSK 200 on my 90, but I switched to the SRO 2000int. I think the Eshopps was much better. It was loud, but that skimmer produced great dry skim that was like tar. The SRO does a good job, but only skims well on the wet side. Can't seem to get a good dry skim. I think I paid like $225 for the Eshopps and just under $400 for the SRO. I had to swap the Eshopps when the impeller went. I just got a replacement impeller, so thinking it will be set up on my frag tank build.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will go over both really good before I buy it. I'm changing to a refugium so I got to hurry and pick one so I can build my sump around the skimmer. But I feel like I'm buying a car lol keep 2nd guessing myself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts