The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I got a hair up my arse to take some pics. :arg: I really don't know what got into me, but I had to clean the glass and wipe it down. I started getting a rash it was so bad. :eek: Well, I turned off the pumps, took some pics, and even did some top-down photos. What a PITA those were, although the results were worth it. :) No full tank shots were taken, as I didn't clean the glass that well. :clown:

Maybe I'm hoping this will awaken Vertical from Evercrack and get him back in the reefing scene. :beer:

OK, enough blabbering...on with the pics.............

The Schmidtenuis

The CBA--cool blue acro (with the A. nana on the left, and green slimer to the right)

The Oregon Tort (guess I didn't clean the glass too well:jester: )

and the Cali tort

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And now some top-down shots.........

The Purple Monster

The ORA Purple Pillow (unfortunately, I was trying to take a pic of another coral, and this coral actually turned out better :rolleyes: )

Turaki or Speciosa, I don't know what it is, except that me likey

And the Pink Pocillopora

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Very nice D. I am going to have to hit you up for a piece of that pocci even though I said I would never ever have another poccilipora in my tank.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And a few more top downs to round out the night.....

The Powder Blue Milli (you can also see my RBTA in the background, as well as some of the corals that got stung by it :( )

The Green Mille from Reefsitter/Mark--I was most surprised by this pic, and it's probably my favorite of the bunch. The colors just seem to "pop" in this pic. :)

The ORA Miami Orchid Stag

And last but not least, an A. florida colony. This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Bright green with orange/pink tips.

Well, I'm spent. This outta be good for a good six months or so. :)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Very nice Big D! No new pics of the famous Super-Red Lobo? :)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redwinger said:
Very nice D. I am going to have to hit you up for a piece of that pocci even though I said I would never ever have another poccilipora in my tank.
What, afraid a little pink is going to take away from your manliness? ;) I must admit, it isn't necessarily a favorite of mine, but it is a nice coral. :)

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
WOW!....that looks better than a Cichlid tank.....LOL
Very Nice...:thumbup:
Side Note: the new LFS in Roch got some LG SPS corals in. However, they have them on the same line as all the other SW tanks. Good lighting (but no aclamation of the new corals to the light), very little flow and no Ca added to the system. Some of the corals are bleahing, and are not to happy.:confused:
I think they need help from someone like you.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
otolith said:
What, afraid a little pink is going to take away from your manliness? ;) I must admit, it isn't necessarily a favorite of mine, but it is a nice coral. :)
Sillly boy:funny:, I need a little pink in the tank but poccis spread like crazy when they spawn that is why I swore them off but that pink one is very nice. Nice corals as allways and the floridia is really awesome.:thumbup:

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Looking great, D! :thumbup:
That florida is looking great. My piece is similar, but the green isn't quite as deep and the tips are more orange than pink.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oyam123 said:
WOW!....that looks better than a Cichlid tank.....LOL
Very Nice...:thumbup:
Side Note: the new LFS in Roch got some LG SPS corals in. However, they have them on the same line as all the other SW tanks. Good lighting (but no aclamation of the new corals to the light), very little flow and no Ca added to the system. Some of the corals are bleahing, and are not to happy.:confused:
I think they need help from someone like you.
Thanks! Guess you should change your plans on the cichlid tank...no one would bat an eye. We know you change tanks more often than underware. :lol:

I don't think they'd want my help, however. They wouldn't be able to afford me. :jester:

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
redwinger said:
Sillly boy:funny:, I need a little pink in the tank but poccis spread like crazy when they spawn that is why I swore them off but that pink one is very nice. Nice corals as allways and the floridia is really awesome.:thumbup:
Well, you know where I live. :)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Graham said:
Looking great, D! :thumbup:
That florida is looking great. My piece is similar, but the green isn't quite as deep and the tips are more orange than pink.
Add a little dirt to your water and I'm sure yours would be a little more richly colored. ;) :rotflmao::funny::D

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
otolith said:
Add a little dirt to your water and I'm sure yours would be a little more richly colored. ;) :rotflmao::funny::D
Think I could seed with some of your sand??

:lol:

:doh:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
if only i could get into your house with out you knowing, steal a frag of everything and be on my way....... think you would notice though....... thats really too bad........

PS- this is how part of the alphabet would look if Q and R were eliminated

PSS- there is nothing wrong with evercrack

1 - 20 of 45 Posts