The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is a few progression shots of one of my first Aquacultured aros. I got it as a very nice baby blue with cream body acro . I browned it out and kept it alive for sometime knowing one day I could get that blue once again .Which I finally have after a year+ of fine tunning my tank and husbandry . Out of all the acros this one trully has been an accomplishment that I am very happy to have finally done it .
When I first got it .
Sorry I will have to dig up another pic the one I have is on rc gallery and they don't allow linking :(
later down the road .Right side

and finally now

Now on with the candy

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Sweeeeet! Very nice, Clockwork!

Dick:):thumbup:

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
VERY VERY NICE:banana: ....FTS and some tank specs please:agree:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Beautiful tank!!! How old is the Vlamingi and does he get along well with the Powder Blue? I'm waiting for my Vlamingi to change colors, but have no clue how long before that happens.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow thanks everyone its compliments like these that really make some of my hard work well worth it .

Where to start :D

Wiskey here is that picture that should have been the first one up top this is what it looked like when I bought it .

As far as why it colored up so quickly in the last month is beyond me . No not really but its staggering. The only things that have change in the last month and half are my nitrates have rode between 10-25 since moving over from the 120 to this 180 . I think the cause is the extra live rock I added to the system ( uncooked but from my 90BB softie tank. Next thing that has change is I have been adding Tropic Marin K and A elements . I used a 200ml container of the K elements and thats when I started to see alot of differences in some corals. I started to get some nice metallic highlights and colors. So I went ahead and reupped on the K balance and decide to move forward with the A elements . Since addition of the A elements my blues and purples are much richer and jump out at you. So in a nutshell it is a combo of nitrates and trace elements. Other than that everything has been the same for sometime now .

BTW for anyone reading I have REDBUGS and most corals have had them for a year . I don't plan on treating because color and growth is perfect IMO and I have breeding acro crabs :D

Loverotties- I love it too quickly becoming a favorite even over my lil purple monster. Here is a pic of it just a month ago

110galreef _ Thank you ! Here are some specs.

Lighting 5x 250 PHX14k in ROIII pendants run off icecap ballasts.

Filtration besides live rock- ER 8-2 skimmer and ASM g-3 .Ozone goes to one and I alternate skimmers.

Flow: 3x6100 streams and 2x6200 streams . 7095 multi controller and a single controller. I am also getting 3 of those new 6055 nano streams to aid in the small areas.

I run a 1/3 hp JBJ artic chiller with a single stage ranco controller backed up by the aquacontroller. I also use a ranco for the fans to aid in keeping the chiller off.

I have a large dual chamber CA RX which I plan to replace with a jetstream1 soon.

Reef fanatic ATO

Aquacontroller and a few other goodies.

Every thanks again for the wonderful compliments and I will work on a full tank shot. Although I have a frag rack on both sides of my tank at the bottom so I need to get those out first I think ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rchull69 said:
Beautiful tank!!! How old is the Vlamingi and does he get along well with the Powder Blue? I'm waiting for my Vlamingi to change colors, but have no clue how long before that happens.
Thanks! The bluespot is a year an half old and was no bigger than a silver dollar when I got him . I am not sure what you are saying about color change mine has had just about the same color the whole time although it has gotten lighter over time . He gets along great with the powder blue and also did well withmy other PBT in my 90 which was the tank the bluespot was moved from to give him more room to grow. By far the fastest growing tang I have had. My PBT in the 180 is 3.5 years old in my tank and also was a very small guy when he was bought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts