The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birthdays coming up in 10 days and i want some ideas on coral that i can give myself :drool: I have 2 65 watt actinics and 2 65 watt daylight PC's in a 55 gallon tank and i can provide tons of flow. What are some easy to keep and good looking corals that you've had success with. I was thinking of going with softies, shrooms, polyps, and possibly lps. Got any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
A word of caution on shrooms: if they get confy in your tank, they can spread even faster than xenia. :)

Are we gonna see some pics in 11 days, then? :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Mushrooms and leathers are easy to care for. I prefer the look of zoa's in a tank. My mushrooms are just huge in the 9 gallon and, they are multiplying like crazy. Mushrooms and zoa's are nice since, they come in so many colors.

It sounds like you are looking at the easiest corals to care for. Good luck. Post some pics when you get some new critters. What do you have for fish or inverts?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, looks like im goin shopping soon :thumbup: Right now i have a green star mat, stubby finger leather, trachy brain coral, and a frogspawn. All seem to be doing well. my inverts are one emerald crab, a cleaner shrimp, a feather duster, a red linkia star, and a fighting conch. Pics soon:)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
zoo's are a must!! very cool, and amazing colors, i would suggest a hammer coral, those are really cool looking and very pretty. dont forget to get some zoo's either!! and maybe some zoo's.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Get a toadstool leather...they look cool...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts