The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a question more suited to the chemistry forum but...

Visually my fish/corals/inverts is as far as the eye can see is perfect, salifert says my Mg and Alk is not within NSW perameters, my Ph swings from 8.02 before and 8.28 after lights.
I've bought way toooo many chemicals and to be honest too scared to add any!

My tanks 200ltr (55usg) been running for 13 mths, over that last 3 mths my tests have averaged as the following -

Calcium has been the most stable parameter, always measures between 415 & 440

Magnesium has been from 1140ppm to 1230ppm, alk has risen from 5.1 to 6.8 with just only 10% Wc's every 5 days

My Asw mixed using with Rc measures a dkh of 12, since adding a teaspoon full of seachem reefbuilber to my ASW my salifert test kit goes off the scale , i'm due to add my Wc tomorrow but really scared of chemicals

A bit of a boost or advice would be really good as the moment even thoug all inhabitants look healthy salifert is saying my paremeters are wrong!!

PLEASE advise

Matt

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Looks good to me. At the end of the day, it's how the fish, corals and inverts look that is the best barometer for me.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
:D

not too shabby, is there something you think that is specifically wrong?

btw, on the chemicals, back off on adding anything, tell us a little more about your chemical schedules and water changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts