The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a sohal tang and something is wrong with it. this fish is eating well and seems normal other than the fact that it is flashing and scrathing on the rocks. The thing that has me puzzeld is there are no visable sings of parasites no white spots no black spots, im completly stumped. all the tank spects are okay. it has been in the tank for two weeks all the other fish are fine. any response is appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You might want to keep an eye on it, cuz I've only seen a tang scratch like that when it has ick. What size tank do you have it in? Did you QT it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i did'nt QT, stupid i know. its in a 150 gal the sohal tang is showing no signs other than the scratching but some of the other fish have some white spots so im starting to lower the salinity im going to try the HYPO method instead of the normal copper treatment. i have heard that garlic guard can also help in the treatment of ick, any info an this would help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Garlic is supposed to boost the immune system to help the fish get over the infection. It certainly won't hurt to try.
What kind are the other fish in the tank?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a dog face puffer about 6in, niger trigger 3in, huma huma trigger 4in, dragon wrasse 4in, and the sohal he is about 6in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts