The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any softies that like high flow? I have a Tunze and because of the shape of the tank (pentagon) 1 side of the tank receives really high flow. In the picture you can see the power head to the front left side I have moved it down about 3" from where it is in that pic to deflect more flow onto the rocks.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Well I have xenia, multiple zoo's, gsp, mushrooms of all sorts, devils hand leather all in ~40x turnover and are doing great. Some zoos, & GSp are in some very high flow areas and are very happy.

BTW softies look much better in good flow tanks. I like it much better w/ the additional 3600 gph CLS......Fish seem happier and swim more natural by ridding currents as well!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Here is a picture of mine. I have four returns on the top (see) and one in the bottom of each back corner....plus a spray bar..... All my flow is basically aimed to the front and bounces down and back!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I have like a rip current in the 29. Theres a power sweep, and a sraybar bet by 2 maxijets. Plus the sump return that is 500 GPH. My Zoas and leathers dont seem to mind at all.

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
110galreef said:
Well I have xenia, multiple zoo's, gsp, mushrooms of all sorts, devils hand leather all in ~40x turnover and are doing great. Some zoos, & GSp are in some very high flow areas and are very happy.

BTW softies look much better in good flow tanks. I like it much better w/ the additional 3600 gph CLS......Fish seem happier and swim more natural by ridding currents as well!
Cool Steve I think I'll frag some GSP from the 24 and try to place it there
I was thinking of moving my spagetti leather into the big tank also

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
You would be supprised how much flow some of these softies will take. In many cases they look better to us with low flow, but that doesn't mean they don't like to have their hair in the wind.... :)
That is the reason to have softies.....blowing in the current:thumbup:

looks so cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts