The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do.
my tank has been running great for 2 years now. just go a bad case of ick killed all the fish i can live with that but over the last few weeks i have had a huge green alge bloom its covering everything up
anything out there that can stop it quick
thanks

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
sorry to hear about the loss of your fish. Sucks...I know.

as for the Hair Algae (HA), can you give us a little background on your husbandry habbits? (water change sched? Amount? Feeding (what? how often?) Tank Cleaning habits? Any/All chemicals you dose/add. Bioload (what critters do/did you have)? Set-up (what kind of flow? What do you keep your parms at? Equipment you have? Filtration method(s)? etc)

If you give us info on that stuff, we can better help you.

Unfortunately, there is no quick way to get rid of it. There are some products out there that CLAIM to work, but in the rare case that they do, they are only band-aids and don't fix the root of the problem. What that means is...even if you shell out $20 for the quick fix...and it happens to work...in a week or two, your HA will be back (and usually worse than before).

We're eager to help...so get back to us with answers as soon as you can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the big problem is my mother moved in with me and low and behold all the stuff i need to get to is not the easy to get to anymore all the contorls for the tank was in my mothers room which was the contorl room. pretty much no tank mantice in 2 months..
i just dont want to loss the reef
75 gal tank did 25 gal water change friday have a sea hair eating up the stuff slowly.. water is ok ph salt level and so on.

guess i will just have to wait it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts