The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q: So how good are Scott's new frag disks?

A: So good it was alive!

Now, I bought some "slivers" of the rainbow acan Scott got in... mostly because the Mrs. would kill me if I bought a whole one. So Scott fragged me some incomplete heads... and he also glued them to one of his new recycled ecofrag plugs. Well, while giving it a quick iodine dip, I noticed a green edge to the disk... and that when I realized it was a polyp!!!! It has a mouth so I might get a frag "built in" along with the acan glued to it. Sweet!

Now here is the photo evidence:

I will try and get more of a head on shot later.

The surviving polyp is on the bottom left edge. Scott, do you have any idea about which coral this came from? I am not up on my LPS coral morphology/skeleton identification.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that, I just was not really sure

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
aha... i knew I cut a little close to that favia this morning. It is the totally neon slimer green favia we now have frags of. I fragged it for a client who thought it was just getting way too big for their system :) let me know if it survives!

also just wanted to say that fragging the acan that small was not my idea... the boneheads in california used something apparently the equivalent to a hacksaw or bolt cutter to frag this gorgeous acan before we got hold of it... i just cleaned a little edge for John and this is what we got :)

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is true, I picked out the broken piece that was barely hanging on to the rest... I don't mind taking "chips" sometimes

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The favia looks like it is going to pull through, it has now healed into a small polyp without any torn edges. Its just wild. The acan still looks ok. The fuller polyp is fine, the "left sliver" is still looking rough but that is expected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.