The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
actually i think you have to pay the 20 dollars to get discounts and stuff, but i beleive your more then welcome to attend the meetings.

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Anybody can join TRT- it's just an online forum open to anyone. The Atlanta Reef Club happens to use it currently for our online forums.

The club allows anyone to participate in almost all club activities without being a member or part of any existing group. Without being a member, you may:
  • Attend any meeting, assuming we don't have attendance limits at the venue
  • Read, share, ask questions, and post pictures on our online forums
  • Take advantage of our online how-to guides and other online information (coming soon!)
So if we already offer so much to the community, why would you want to join the Atlanta Reef Club? As a club member, you also receive:
  • A minimum 10% discount at all of our club sponsors. Some sponsors offer as much as a 20% discount on dry goods and 30% discount on livestock!
  • Benefits offered on the website www.atlantareefclub.org, such as video of the meetings, "my reef" page to show off your tank, member map, and other bonuses (all coming!)
  • A cool membership card :)
  • Graphic next to your posts in the forums to show your support of the ARC
  • A monthly or bi-monthly email updating you with club meeting locations and other important club events. These items are also posted here in the forums under Club Announcements.
  • The opportunity to join in our monthly power buys or group buys, where we arrange a discount on a certain item when they're bought in groups. The power buys have ranged from buckets of salt to fish to Tunze powerheads
  • The opportunity to be a club officer
  • The opportunity to vote in club matters
One of the most significant reasons people join is to help foster the growth and knowledge of preservation and education of our reefs (both global and in our living rooms), safe ecological practices, and public outreach programs.

And all of this for only $20 a year (plus $1 to cover PayPal fees). The fee goes to support bringing in good speakers, obtaining space for the meetings, buying corals for fragging demonstrations, and other community causes.

If you have any other questions about membership (or anything else), please don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
how many members does the club have now?

and what is the average turnout at meetings?

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
We're right around 360 members - a few more joined tonight, so I'm not sure what the exact count is.

The turnout at meetings varies wildly with the meeting topic and time of year (summer is always slower b/c people are travelling or otherwise busy). We have as few as 50 and as many as 130.

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Confused Korean said:
****, tuesdays are bad nights for me.
Before everybody goes down the "let's change the meeting night" again...

We hold it on Tuesday nights because it works with most people's schedule. With 360 people, there will never be a schedule that works for everyone, and a changing schedule is too difficult to manage. We've had polls in the past, and Tuesdays seem to favor the majority.

We hold some things, such as Tour of Tanks, on weekends and other days. It's a big club, so if you have any ideas on what you'd like to do on a certain day, post it, and you'll probably attract at least a few people.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mojo said:
Before everybody goes down the "let's change the meeting night" again...

We hold it on Tuesday nights because it works with most people's schedule. With 360 people, there will never be a schedule that works for everyone, and a changing schedule is too difficult to manage. We've had polls in the past, and Tuesdays seem to favor the majority.

We hold some things, such as Tour of Tanks, on weekends and other days. It's a big club, so if you have any ideas on what you'd like to do on a certain day, post it, and you'll probably attract at least a few people.
lol; i wasn't trying to start an e-riot or anything.:worm: :lol: is there anything happening on thursdays or sundays?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts