The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought this guy a couple days ago (great eater already) My question is how are you feeding your snowflakes? I have been using a rubberband on the end of a zip tie with some krill but my puffer is a total pig and then the rubberband comes off in the feeding. If any of you have a better rig let me know. Thanks for any replies and if anyone out there would like to see my set up pm me. I have some things I could frag and I could use some myself. 10g grow out and q tank. 55g agressive (puffer and snowflake) and 100g reef tank.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
definatly get a feeding stick! i used tongs for my tessy they worked good! eels have poor vision so be patient! (not sure on vision of the snowflakes)

·
Registered
284 Posts
i stick my arm in ;D

·
TCMAS Member
3,023 Posts
I have a very large Snowflake Eel and his eyesight, like most eels, is not too good. I use a stainless steel skewer that is used for kobobs etc. I put a shrimp on there and target feed him. I can feel his powerful bite through the metal.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Loralie said:
Josh feeds his by hand. The eel gets plenty to eat that way.....he usually gets a bite of Josh's finger.
Good!

·
Registered
408 Posts
i am kinda rambo that way!!! lol

·
2nd Gen Member
143 Posts
I feed my 20" zebra with a feeding stick and it works great. I dont know about most eels but mine can see the clear feeding stick from the other side of my 72 bow.

BTW - dose anyone have any suggestions on vitamins or somthing that i can dip his food in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts