The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever bought any corals from SniperSPS? If so, he just lost his whole tank to a power outage and is looking for some frags back of the corals that he had. He lost about 250 colonies including his prized possessions like the pink lemonade... eerrrrkkkkk...

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
It's unfortunate to say the least.

Time and time again, when you have that kinda of livestock and investment in the livestock, you just gotta have a plan in place for outages. While don't know the full story, providing you not out of town when it occurs, you really need to have well thought out plans for such things. It's just part of being in the hobby IMO to be ready.

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Yeah, with an investment like that - of money and time, dropping 500-1000 on a generator seems like a given. Even I ran out and got one last year, and we don't have half the electrical problems CA has.

BTW Dave, I hear it's supposed to hit the hundees this weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
David Grigor said:
It's unfortunate to say the least.

Time and time again, when you have that kinda of livestock and investment in the livestock, you just gotta have a plan in place for outages. While don't know the full story, providing you not out of town when it occurs, you really need to have well thought out plans for such things. It's just part of being in the hobby IMO to be ready.
I totally agree... I was just saying that this morning to a friend. I can't believe with the tank that he had and corals that he was selling that he didn't have any kind of a back up plan for something like this. Especially in CA.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Graham said:
Yeah, with an investment like that - of money and time, dropping 500-1000 on a generator seems like a given. Even I ran out and got one last year, and we don't have half the electrical problems CA has.

BTW Dave, I hear it's supposed to hit the hundees this weekend. :(
No worries. If I have to I'll come out every day and check it during mid-day so it doesn't peak. Just enjoy your time off.....

·
Registered
735 Posts
loss

Oh that sucks!! That was Hugo Zunigas tank I believe. He was just recently tank of the month on reef central :mad: He has/ had a website with really nice list of corals:http://www.sniperspsmyreef.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=2

If he lost all those he's looking at thousands of dollars of livestock

Bummer, I wouldve at least ran my pumps off an invertor running from my truck or battery!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts