The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need more snails - I need astreas and some kind of sand dwelling snail. Has anyone purchased snails off from ebay? These are the kinds I am seeing, are they good ones? Turbo astreaa tecta, Ilyanassa obsoleta, and nassarius vibex. thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought the Obsoleta and they wer shipped totaly dry. I was amazed when the seller said that that was right. I did not lose a single snail

·
Registered
101 Posts
keys is having a summer special 100 astrea and 100 cerith for 99 shipped

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
the black sand snails from Ebay (N.C.) are a good deal....they are more of a cold water snail, but they do well in a reef and last well over a year.
for $0.10 each its a deal.
Astreas & Hermits...cant beat Dirk!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered 200 nassarius snails off of ebay and I recieved more than I ordered. They came in bags in wet paper towel and this was in the winter with no heat pack and they all lived. The guy told me they would and they did. I was pretty suprised. They are and awesome in the sand. They actually are a pretty awesome snail all over. They keep my sand bed looking great. I think I only paid like $20 after shippig which I think is a great deal since I split them up between me and salt65gal. Well hope this helps!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info. I want to get them through the mail because I live 4 hours north of the cities, so no good way to get them locally. I guess I'll give it a try...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I ordered 175 from ebay and they came in dry I acclimated them and everyone of them lived...amazing!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts