The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a spare 29 gal and just for kicks i thought about seeting it up, wuold a dwarf lion be a good choice? if not what would you recomend for a small fowlr

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
a dwarf will grow to about 5-6 inches... You could get away with it in a 29 I believe, but he'll have to be the only fish in the tank as anything smaller than him will get eaten.... Considering you are moving soon, I'd wait until after you move... the least amount of handling you have to do with a lionfish, the better off you are...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know but you know me
maby a school of 5 chromis, buzz just so you know your not going to talk me outa settin this up.......im thinking bare bottom 15 lbs live rock skimmer, bare bones set up

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
that'll work.... use a little bit of CC on the bottom.... fish get spooked by their reflection and lionfish like to sit on the substrate for long periods of the day.... The only time they are really active is when they are hunting...

I know when mine wants to be fed cause he's swimming back and forth in the tank, stalking my huma trigger... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts