The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
That is toooo cool! I'm not sure what it is though. You will probably need to let it grow up before you can get a positive ID. If I had to guess, I would say some type of fire anemone, but that's just a very wild guess at this point. It's not the pest anemone aiptasia or majano.

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
We love it, but I need to know more about it....

We'd rather not have to get rid of it, and it is sooo cool
I see no reason to get rid of it. If it's not causing any problems I wouldn't worry about it. Have you tried to feed it yet?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Feeding

It will eat when I feed the tank if it catches something, it catches the bits of food, sprulina, brine shrimp that passes by, acts like a typical anemone collasping in on the food and stays closed for a while. It has tripled in size over the past three months and since the move into the 120 Gallon yesterday has been opening wider and more often.

I think it has more water flow in this new tank, we tired very hard to keep things open so as not to impeed the current.

· Mantis
2,225 Posts
It will eat when I feed the tank if it catches something, it catches the bits of food, sprulina, brine shrimp that passes by, acts like a typical anemone collasping in on the food and stays closed for a while. It has tripled in size over the past three months and since the move into the 120 Gallon yesterday has been opening wider and more often.

I think it has more water flow in this new tank, we tired very hard to keep things open so as not to impeed the current.
well good luck with it!

· Registered
6 Posts
hey i have a majano anemone in my tank and mine is known as a pest i keep it anyway though.... i kinda like em... i would consider it a pest if it starts to split often..... My majano is said to be invasive, but if it does spilt, i just throw the clone out every time lol..... luckily this hasn't happened yet, but my neighbors did... if u ask me its not invasive unless it starts splitting, in this case just pick it off the rock and flush it : )
-it doesnt look like a glass anenome or anything that would spread regardless of what you do....

· Registered
2,572 Posts
hey i have a majano anemone in my tank and mine is known as a pest i keep it anyway though.... i kinda like em... i would consider it a pest if it starts to split often..... My majano is said to be invasive, but if it does spilt, i just throw the clone out every time lol..... luckily this hasn't happened yet, but my neighbors did... if u ask me its not invasive unless it starts splitting, in this case just pick it off the rock and flush it : )
-it doesnt look like a glass anenome or anything that would spread regardless of what you do....
I have one aptaisia that I can see. I just leave it there. As long as there is only one, I am not too worried about it. To be honest, I kinda want a manjano.

Darylseed, that is a pretty cool looking hitch hiker.

· Registered
174 Posts
it could be a corallimorph, they are cool, i have one, its orange and acts like an anenome, they dont sting because when i first saw mine i touched it to see if it was alive and it closed up. If its a corallimorph then they arent pests, i know some poeple on this forum have some in their tank. cool find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.