The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with clowns that have hosts (especially anemone hosts) where do they sleep??? I always thought they would sleep inside the host but tonight after the lights have been off for about an hour I see my clown is sleeping on the bottom of the sand on the other side of the tank from his anemone. He only started hosting in it about a day ago. I have a Clarkii and an E. Quad.
Its amazing how naturally they know how to take care of their host. :eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have a BTA anenome and it's doing fine and hunting for a pair of clowns to host mine! :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
my pair of saddlebacks sleep in my BTA, for that matter the only time they come out is to eat and scare off potential threats (anything else on that side of the tank). I think mine may get cold, so they stay wrapped up, but your clown on the other hand may get hot at night and want to sleep with the covers off. :funny:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Maybe the clown had cold fins and the anenome kicked em out of bed. ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
:funny: :idea: I hadn't thought of that but you may be right:funny:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have some ORA tank-raised ocellaris clowns and they sleep against the back wall of the tank... in a vertical position. :D
Weird creatures they are... they're trying to convince my goniopora to let them host in it but aren't having much success as of yet...
Since the goni closes up at night, I imagine they'll maintain their current bunking quarters even if they are successful in the future.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
my cinnamon clown hosts with one of my powerheads :) sleeps between the ph and the glass every night!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.