The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings reefers!

I am in the process of setting up a 100gl fish only tank with about 100lbs of live rock. I bought a megaflow system that I had planned to use for a sump but as JnS pointed out, it may not allow enough clearance under the tank to use an in sump skimmer properly. The skimmer would fit but getting it in and out of the sump for maintenance etc would be a pain. Is there a decent "hang on the back" style skimmer I should consider or a "short", in sump skimmer that would work well for my situation?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deathmatch782 said:
What height can your stand accomidate for?
And welcome to TCMAS!
Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure since I am at work right now but I think I have about 22" of clearance under the tank, give or take a few...

I have the Megaflow 2 sump system.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
a euro-reef es5-2 would do the trick and is 20" high-only have the unscrew the union for cleaning-truly zero clearance is required to remove the cup. it would outperform an asm mini and remora/remora pro. turbo flotors are nice but you would have to go with a HOB version which is a hassle-extra plumbing and pumps to run. ideally the ES5-2 (a prior version of the RS80-only a couple inches shorter) is perfect for up to a 75-80g reef. since you're going fish only-i know it would work fine-and honestly it would be the best in sump skimmer with your space requirements.

you might ask why is this guy so high on the ES5-2. well i've had a few of them and they worked great. in fact i have one now that i could part with-let me know if you're interested. i also have an RS80 which is staying put on my 58!

tg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts