The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New in the forum. I'm in the process of getting everything I need to set up my first reef aquarium. I have a 60 gallon tank (48" x 16" x 18") and I was looking at skimmers but they all seem to be too bulky and I was wondering if there's any alternate options for something more discrete, external or internal that won't take too much space and will fit inside the canopy.

Please let me know, thanks

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
The best one that is thin that hangs on the back is a Remora Aqua C and for your tank I'd get the bigger one that is the Remora Aqua C Pro which is only a couple inches longer in the back!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motorslave said:
If its going to be a reef then I would dump the fluvals. They trap detritus and release nutrients into the water till you clean them.

Robert
What would you recommend instead?

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
carlos_fb said:
What would you recommend instead?
Just the skimmer! The fluval, or any canister filter will trap the detritus but it will remain in the water so as it decomposes it will continue to release all the nasties untill you clean it. More hassle than its worth to keep clean in my opinion. All that is needed for a reef tank is a skimmer and live rock. The Aqua C is a very popular unit for hang on applications.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts