The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Reefer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i bought octopus skimmer 100s HOB like 2 months ago.
It was workin perfect until past 2 weeks..

the skimmer has stated to skim too much i think, it fills up the cup in 10 mins or less and overflows.

last week i took out the whole skimmer and washd it up to see i anything was wrong but it was all okay and when i put it back i worked fine. and again now its starting to fill up so quickly and seems like it will overflow from the side if i dont turn it off...

another problem; it releases bubbles in my tank.. it been doing that from the first day. i tried everything to make it stop but no luck.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
look at where the airline attaches to the pump inlet. It probably has a buildup of salt in the inlet tube..HTH

·
Registered
687 Posts
look at where the airline attaches to the pump inlet. It probably has a buildup of salt in the inlet tube..HTH
I had that today myself......was running all water and no air....thus no foam bubbles.....all water....cleaned airline....and skimmer started doing what it is supoposed to do.....

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
First thing to do when a skimmer stops working properly: Clean it.
After you ensure its clean, then you start looking for other issues. Cleaning the air inlets should be a monthly maintenance item and more often if you have bad salt creep issues with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts