The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
skimmer pics.........updated as of 10:50pm 5/28/06

you can see the amount og micr bubbles in the tank and the second pic is straight down .........you can see the bubbles are there but not high enough to go into the cup.........that white screw on the left side is the injectot ...........i dont know if thats a adjustment pr just to remove it to clean..its not i just read the manual its just for cleaning............and the only adjustment is to raise or lower the cup ....the lower the wetter..............................updated the last two pictures are as of right now.............i put a filter meant for a maxi jet 1200 powerhead where the water comes out of the skimmer to help stop the micro bubbles..........its seems to have helped....................as you can see by the new side shot the water looks much better

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think the air comes in under the collection cup where that screw is.........i took the cup off and look.........when i put my finger there i heard the air flow change so i think thats where it is

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
could you take the maxi-jet off of the skimmer and see how much water it pumps in the tank by itself?

it should do a good amount of flow.

if you are feeling brave, take off the prefilter of the maxi-jet and inspect the impellor for any crusties.

G~

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
pull the skimmer and inspect where the in comes through, try to trace the path of air and see if anything is building up. maybe salt creep or something restricting flow.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i took the skimmer off to clean and now the micro bubbles are gone and now you know what i see...........light very light brown clouds swirling around........in my current?????thats the cloudiness i am seeing.the skimmer has a good stong smell of organics .........the air injector is clean.........and the maxi jet is clean

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Just got done reading this thread.

Whenever you put your hands in the water or feed (oils change the water tension) the tank the skimmer will not climb the overflow for the collection cup. I would just let it sit for a few days and leaving the tank alone. If it's still not producing then start with frequent rather large WC's to get your DOC's down. Injector based skimmers have a point when they stop working if the water is too dirty.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no the maxi jet is a regular powerhead.................i have noticed some improvement........since the last time we talked hours ago............the lights are off now so of coarse it looks perfect now.............i have only had this aqua c remora running for less then a week............its still micro bubble he** but i think the cloudiness has calm down a bit

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
Those skimmers have a break in period- just give it time. But for now, be very careful of anything you put in the tank. I used epoxy once and I had a bubble nightmare with my Remora.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts