The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am looking to make an upgrade from the crappy skimmer that came with my JBJ 28 gallon nanocube. Does anyone have experience with hang-ons that fit, given the built in overflow compartments in the JBJ nanocube?
I have been looking at the Red Sea Prizm, but apparently it is very loud and has only gotten medium reviews amongst owners. Why I was considering it was because of how easily can fit on to any tank, especially since it is so thin. Then I read about Reef Octopus skimmers and thought I would look into the HB100. Had to scratch that since the pump needs to be in the tank as well, and wouldn't fit in the back compartments. Then I looked at the next size up, the 1000, but my LFS has it very overpriced and nowhere else in Canada sells it.

Thank you for any recommendations you might have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. I settled on a Tunze 9001 protein skimmer. InTank did a demo showing that it can fit inside the media compartment perfectly! Great brand for nano skimmers as well. Very excited.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion! I am sure that it will. Right now I have the jbj skimmer running on it (came with my kit), but it is doing some sub-par skimming.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
I personally would go skimmerless.

Saves money and is equally as effective. The cost/benefit just does not really make the skimmer as viable of an option below 40g.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts