The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone else here has had a problem with their sixline being a bully. mine is constantly bullying my green mandarine. the dragonet is new to the tank so i was wondering if the sixline is just an [email protected]##$%^? thanks

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
yep! they can be a real pain....but depends on the individual fish. My old sixline was my biggest problem with new fish, bu the one I've had the past 2 years is fine, and my flame angel is trhe new bully to newcomers!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
nothin you can do that i can think of.....just gotta add the bullies last in your fish roster when stocking the tank. It may help if new additions are significantly larger than the bully...lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the mandarine is a little bigger than the sixline. will it subside over time??? they are in a 125 in order of addition i have pink spotted shrimp goby, firefish, scopas tang, 1 green chromis(2 died), sixline,2 false percs, mandarine(eating black worms). figured i was gonna wait till i got a fuge, but he was accepting blackworms.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
if you have access to another tank, you can put the 6line in there for a few weeks and allow the mandarin to aclimate to the tank, and then reintroduce the 6line. he will probably go right back to bullying, but at least he will have had a chance to settle in.

my last 6 line was a punk, the new one only scraps with the peppermint (similar markings etc.).

as piero said though, totally hit or miss with that fish.

your final option of course would be to explain to a lfs that you want one a little more community oriented, and see if you can't swap yours out for another one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funny thing is this sixline came from a tank with a mandarine and there was no issue. thats why im abit confused. the bullying seems to have slowed a bit. looks to have only scratched the mandarine a bit

·
Coral Master
3,990 Posts
My sixline never bothered anything when I had it however from most of the Bullying that I have seen in my new tank from the tangs seemed to stop once each other knew the Area they were not supposed to go... My Yellow tang did not like either the Powder Brown nor the Orange shoulder... There was a Few Cuts and Scrapes but they all healed and can now all be seen at the Feeding clip peaceful... AS I was told by a Well trusted person.. "Let nature take its course" I have followed that with most Issues I have been faced with the tank since...

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts