The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am thinking if adding a sixline wrasse in the next couple of weeks to my tank. I have a lunare wrasse that is about 4" long, and just seems to be a nuisance and not a bully. The only problem I have had from it is how recklessly it swims. Please give your thoughts on adding a sixline, and the degree they will or will not get along.

Also, are sixlines good to take frozen and prepared food once they settle into a system?

Thanks for your input,
David

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Well in my exp 6lines are generally nice docile fish that can take care of them selves,they rarely exceed 4 " as opposed to the T lunare that can get 12" or so, they can be troublesom as they get size, remember as fish grow they tend to need to increase their personal "zone"

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is a fatty!

I have a mandarin, do you think they could cancel out each others dietary supply? I have a friend with a 55 gal refugium that is the New York city of Pods, so I have been rotating rocks in and out of his system.

The lunare is going bye bye as soon as I can catch him, I guess I should mention that. He was a gift.

David

·
Registered
418 Posts
Geoff,
I just checked out your homepage. You are truly blessed! Beautiful family, great house and I love your Macaquarium!!!!
When I learn how to make a web page, I'll post mine,too.

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
West Pat I emphatically agree with Geoff, the 6 line is not a shy,slow, picky eater like the mandarin and when the pods are all gone they will eat whatever is around.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
9fishers said:
Geoff,
I just checked out your homepage. You are truly blessed! Beautiful family, great house and I love your Macaquarium!!!!
When I learn how to make a web page, I'll post mine,too.
thank you!! i am glad you liked it. i am hoping to update it soon. i will look forward to seeing your webpage!

i have been toying with turning the macquarium back into salt again. i figure a shrimp would be a nice little critter.

G~

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice.

David

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
WestPat-sorry, if i sounded a little rough in the post before. i just reread it and it sounded a little snotty of me. i just wanted to tell you as soon as possible. i am on dial-up, so i only have a short period of time to be on-line.;)

G~

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mantle monster is pretty cool and I have viewed your site before!

Can anyone give me thoughts on catching a wrasse that will not go 3 inches from the live rock.

Thanks,
DAvid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.