The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeding: Carnivorous, enjoys meaty foods (scallops, shrimp, fish, brine eggs, krill). The Six Line is an active invertebrate hunter that will attack animals as large as ornamental shrimp and sea urchins. They also remove unwanted pests such as bristle worms and mantis shrimp from aquariums. They will be very picky eaters when first introduced into an aquarium.

Is this true? this is another I have been considering getting. It also says to add them last as if you add fish after them they will pick on them. Anyone have experience with this?

·
11,345 Posts
Ive had one for almost 3 years. Hes great. Hes been in with cleaner shrimp in the past without issue. They will be a problem with most other wrasses, but generally are peaceful to most everything else.

I did just add a small tomini tang to the tank he is in and the sixline beat the heck out of him for a couple of weeks...but finally let up. thankfully the tomini survived it and all is well.

Ive never seen mine eat bristleworms. Hes a pod mucnhing machine though.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I never saw him do it, but all my Peppermint shrimp have disappeared. He also killed a new Mandarin, that I had gotten, within 2 days of putting him (the Mandarin) in the tank.

·
confused reefer
222 Posts
no problems for me. very active swimmer, impossible to catch and started eating mysis on the first day. Doesn't pick on other fish, good friends with my Anthias and sometimes swims with clowns.

·
Registered
959 Posts
no problems for me either, only thing I added after him was a big clown. the 6 line doesn't mess with anybody and eats well and eats pretty much anything including nori that I put in the tank.

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
great, another fish with MPD haha. Well I guess I will get a small one, because I like them. Probably wont add as my first fish now though after reading all of this. Thanks for all the input!

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
They are nice fish but if you are planning on adding more wrasses you may want to hold off on the 6 line. I have a 225 gal and he kills any other wrasse I put in the tank (including cleaners) so.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
mine was fine for the first 9 or 10 months but one day it decided to attack the cleaner shrimp its lived with for 3 months. then i got another thinking maybe it was a rare occurence and it won't happen again (a fool's hope) , but then it immediatly killed the new one so i had to get rid of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts