The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Last night I witnessed something strange:

When I added my Falco Hawkfish a few weeks ago he would chase my six-line wrasse arouned. After a day or two he gave up and let the wrasse alone. Last night I saw the six-line examining the Hawkfish closely all over with his nose like 2mm from his body. I didn't think anything of it except "Aww, its so nice theyre getting along now". :beer:

SO, later I was watching the tank again and my Cherub angel gestures onto its side. The six-line comes up to it and starts picking stuff off its body (not sure but that's what it looked like anyway because the angel kept swimming on its side and didnt seem fazed). Is this cleaning behaviour on the part of the wrasse? I wasn't aware that six-lines did this. :confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nate,
My Six-Line does this as well, I'm not positive, but they may stop as they get larger. There are a number of fish that only clean as juveniles such as pork fish.
AlienDomain

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.