The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wrasse (Halichoeres chrysotaenia) hasn't been eating for over a week. He hasn't closed his mouth in the same amount of time (it almost looks stuck open), I'm assuming he has a parasite (ich?).

When i turn the lights on in the morning, he has white stuff covering his mouth area, it comes of during the day. He swims around a little and then lays on the sanded breathing very uncomfortably? He doesn't have any dots or anything visible on him aside from the white stuff in the morning.

Any suggestions, help is wanted! I've done internet searches to try to figure this out but haven't really been able to get any good answers.. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having a really difficult time getting a picture, if he does make an appearance, he goes right back into the rocks..

Is there a fix for lock-jaw?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im trying hard to get a picture, i wish there was more info i could give. Aside from the white stuff that comes off and his mouth being wide open 24/7 (not eating) theres really nothing else i can see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it helps, i've had the wrasse for almost a full year and nothing new has been added to the tank within the last 6 or so months

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
92 gallon corner tank

Fish: 2 Perc Clowns, Small Naso Tang, Flame Angel and a firefish

Inverts: Brittle Star, 4 peppermint shrimp and a cleanup crew up of snails and small hermits

I have lavender mushroom coral, 1 small plate coral and a dragons eye and some zoa's

as well as a good amount of live rock.

Nothing particularly sharp aside from the live rock.

I haven't seen any cuts or anything....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got two pictures but with the bowed front and the fish quickly hiding, they aren't of the greatest quality. I'm going to continue to try but i don't want to stress him out too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it doesn't close its mouth at all, it looks like sometimes it's bottom "lip" will move but hardly anything just more due to it breathing.

And the gills being opened started today and especially when he's on his side laying down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts