The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened.... I woke up this morning and the Jawfish was not in his house (his hole under the rock) I looked everywhere and found him finally. He's completely pale with only a Little yellow on his head. It looks like he's disintegrating!! I don't have the stats on my water quality and i know that would be crucial to figuring out the problem. I can tell you this though i also have a clown, peppermint shrimp, snails, and hermit crabs and everyone else is FINE. He's now swimming around like crazy acting like he wants out of the tank (is me tank that bad i don't know) its kind of sad he was my favorite fish i don't know what to do.... I just started getting more and more red slime algae is that a sign of bad water quality?? Any suggestions and or advice would be great. Oh its a 10 gallon nano BUT I'm upgrading to a 55 gallon Saturday I wish he could have waited.......
Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think i should leave the jawfish in the tank and just do water changes?? Do you think its to late for Phil (Jawfish)
Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use the 5-in-1 for just a quick look at levels, but I test weekly with a better kit. It is sometimes nice to just take a quick look at your levels with a 5-in-1 if you notice something odd, before you break out the vials.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil did not eat this morning and His condition has worsened... his whole body is white and his skin looks almost fuzzy?? He's barely moving now and i think the end is near. Why does it look like he's melting? I'm sorry for the novice description, but I've never seen anything like this in freshwater. Is my clown fish in danger too contagious?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Phil has passed !! I've tried to take pictures but I'm having an issue uploading them. Also my camera's not getting a clear enough picture. I am amazed how fast this whole thing happened. I can not wait to get a bigger tank (55 gallon) and hopefully this wont happen again. I'm going to stick to the clown fish. Thank you everyone who helped i appreciate it
Matt

·
Tokay Gecko Tamer !
944 Posts
well when you go with the 55 gal make sure you get a good test kit test a few times a week and keep the water are good lvls thats all i can say buddy i am new to sw also (1 fish a neat damsal ) and its olny a 10 gal ^^ will be upgradeing soon theo

·
Registered
161 Posts
It almost sounds like some kind of parasite or bacterial infection? nothing that I've ever heard of before. I wouldn't think your water parameters would effect just one fish like that. I would still like to see the pics if you can get them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts