The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Chocolate star fish for about 4 months now and over the past week plus he has become very sick. He is in the corner and is just looking wierd. He hasnt moved from the corner, he curls his legs up and back, puffs his body and then it deflates... just not sure what to do. should i just see what happens, put him out of his misery, what...
also, what could cuase him to get sick, all my other fish are fine - i have LR, 4 fish and hermit crabs al hidden about - no reef just yet

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well if you plan on a reef I am sure you know the chocolate star has to go! They love corals!!

Have you noticed any deterioration of the arms on the star like flesh falling away or anything? Just keep an eye on it and see what happens!:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know i have to get rid of him as soon as i start my reef :-( but he is just starting to deteriorate on one of his arms today, i dont want my fish to get sick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a yellow tang, hippo tang, clown and (oops i forgot the name of it) let me think

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hmm. I was suspecting that something was nipping at it. Believe it or not, ive had fish that have nipped at my CC starfish before. Although it wasn't any of the fish that you have mentioned, they have actually nipped and torn legs off of my starfish. I have witnessed it. Very peculiar, but its happened. I dont think that is your case though. Have you checked your water to see if all is well? And about how long have you had your LR?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts