The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ReefKeeper
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help if you have any ideas.

My tank has been up for about 6 months. I have inverts, soft coral a few LPS and a handful of different fish. Total volume for the tank and refuge is about 150 gal. Water parameters are good with Nh3=0, Nitrite=0 and Nitrate below 2 (salifert)

My most recent addition is a blond naso tang. He's been in about 10 days and seemed shy but o.k. Today, I noticed that he jammed himself under some rocks. I forced him out and he has found another spot. He's moving slow and touching the bottom where he's hiding. He has no obvious issues (to me) other than just appearing sick, slow and different than before.

I know this is not the best description but can anying give me thoughts ??

Thanks

P.S. everyone else in the tank appears totally normal and healthy.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
the Naso Tang is usually very active I have an extra large and he is swimming all over the tank like crazy! We have had a powder do that and died a few days later I think he was sick when we bought him....good luck hope all goes well!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Has he been eating? Sometimes fish have internal parasites that aren't apparent when we buy them. I hope this isn't the case but just in case it is I would consider putting him in a quarantine tank and see how he does there

·
ReefKeeper
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortuntaly I found him dead this morning. Bummer because he was a good looking fish. He was active for the first few days and that slowed. He would eat some of the things that were growing in the tank but he never ate the things that I put in. All the other fish do. Maybe he was sick when I got him???

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. He could have been sick or maybe he didn't have enough to eat.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
aw, those are pretty fish... so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
when they stop eating thats a bad sign....mine did great (eating) then one day he stopped and went down hill....sorry for the loss!

·
ReefKeeper
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have asked them to feed him but I didn't. That's a learning for me. I guess i've been lucky as the other fish that I have gotten from the same store up to this point have been great from day 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts