The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday evening We Will the blenny was fine and eating
Thursday Evening he looked like this he is swollen and puffy with blisters all over :( (the other 2 fish in the tank look fine )
Last nite we caught him and put him in the 5.5g to die but he is still alive and puffy looking from what I can tell. Any Ideas on what this could be?

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tddetails vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD class=tddetails vAlign=top align=left>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Wish I could help you out but I have no idea about the condition or the Life Guard. Hope he gets better!

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I could help you out but I have no idea about the condition or the Life Guard. Hope he gets better!
I have no idea kelly, I hope everything turns out all right and he makes it.

Thanks Guys ! I wasn't even going to post since he looked so bad last nite but seeing him briefly tonite (although still puffy) gives me hope He has a slight chance of pulling through

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
I wonder if he found something to eat that didn't agree with him. Aside from being puffy, is there any other symptoms?

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if he found something to eat that didn't agree with him. Aside from being puffy, is there any other symptoms?

Very lethargic before I moved him tp the little tank he was just laying around in the 24g

He is a polyp picker can Zoa's poison fish???

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Sorry I didn't remember the blisters after the initial reading.

Could he have gotten stuck against a PH or anything?

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Picking poylps hey. That is why I got rid of mine. My daughter still reminds me it was her fish and she wants another one.

I guess he could have gotten a bit of poison.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I didn't remember the blisters after the initial reading.

Could he have gotten stuck against a PH or anything?

Nope no power heads in the tank :( I do have 2 tube anenome's maybe he got stung??? I'm grasping at straws here now

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Nope no power heads in the tank :( I do have 2 tube anenome's maybe he got stung??? I'm grasping at straws here now
I was just about to mention the tube anemone (I noticed it in the pic upon going back through the thread). They will punch quite a sting to a small unsuspecting fish. My LFS has always warned me everytime I look at getting one.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
I know that when any of my fish have been stung by a LTA or BTA that they always got real lathargic. Unfortuneatly none of them made it long enough to blister up. If the sting is more potent in a tube anemone, that may explain the blistering.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Good questions...I have always done it in a Q tank.

I have no experience with LifeGuard, either...soz. I hope he pulls through!!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts