The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have experince with these? <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=476 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT language=javascript> function popupWin1(source, left, top, width, height, options) { var left = left + 40; var windowproperties = options + ",left=" + left + ",top=" + top + ",width=" + width + ",height=" + height popup = window.open(source,"PopupDetailedImage",windowproperties) } function popupWin2(source, left, top, width, height, options) { var left = left + 40 var windowproperties = options + ",left=" + left + ",top=" + top + ",width=" + width + ",height=" + height popup = window.open(source,"PopupAddinfo",windowproperties) } function popupWin3(source, left, top, width, height, options) { var left = left + 40 var windowproperties = options + ",left=" + left + ",top=" + top + ",width=" + width + ",height=" + height popup = window.open(source,"PopupAddinfo",windowproperties) } function popupWin4(source, left, top, width, height, options) { var left = left + 40 var windowproperties = "location=no,scrollbars=yes,menubars=no,toolbars=no,resizable=no,HEIGHT=300,WIDTH=400" popup = window.open(source,"PopupAddinfo",windowproperties) } //--> </SCRIPT><TABLE width=476 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Ricordea Mushroom, Blue/Green (Caribbean)
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD vAlign=top align=left>(Ricordea florida)
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I ordered one and i just wanted some head's up,
any info would be great! Thanks
Brent.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have one. I've placed mine on the sand front and center. My experience is that it's easy. Although it does not require feeding it seems to appreciate the piece of shrimp I give it weekly. BTW, I have VHO and blue actinics.

I drip acclimated it to the tank...I drip acclimate everything :)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isda said:
I have one. I've placed mine on the sand front and center. My experience is that it's easy. Although it does not require feeding it seems to appreciate the piece of shrimp I give it weekly. BTW, I have VHO and blue actinics.

I drip acclimated it to the tank...I drip acclimate everything :)
Thanks that's where i want to put mine.
Thanks for the info!
Brent.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
I have a pink one, and a blue one.

The blue one has been anything but cooperative when it comes to attaching to anything. I've found him on top of my plate coral a few times (the plate won any battle they were having). He's recovered from that a few times, before finally settling on the FRONT glass of my tank. (sigh)

point is...they're pretty hardy. Good bit of flow, and good lighting, and they should do fine!

Congrats!

And you KNOW what we all want when it comes in, right? ;-)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skeety said:
I have a pink one, and a blue one.

The blue one has been anything but cooperative when it comes to attaching to anything. I've found him on top of my plate coral a few times (the plate won any battle they were having). He's recovered from that a few times, before finally settling on the FRONT glass of my tank. (sigh)

point is...they're pretty hardy. Good bit of flow, and good lighting, and they should do fine!

Congrats!

And you KNOW what we all want when it comes in, right? ;-)
Thanks Skeety! well i got him today, im still at work, so will see what happens when i get him home!
Brent,

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a pic of my new Ricordea, & he is mad :angry: because i had to tie him to a piece of rubble, he's about the size of a quarter i got some Bullseye's to, but am still acclimating them, pic's later.
Brent.

<TABLE class=albumContainer><TBODY><TR><TD class=albumnThumbContainer></TD></TR><TR><TD class=albumInfo>Ricordea mushroom not happy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
I have orange and green that was loose thet I placed on the rock in a crack about 12 inches down and it is now three to four times larger and almost two .I think they are the only ones I want in my tank. The other shrooms are not what I want any more and will more then likely remove them in time. recordia are so nice.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VWD said:
I have orange and green that was loose thet I placed on the rock in a crack about 12 inches down and it is now three to four times larger and almost two .I think they are the only ones I want in my tank. The other shrooms are not what I want any more and will more then likely remove them in time. recordia are so nice.
Vince, have yours propagated?
Brent.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
If you want them to propagate just aim a power head directly at them. I have a ton of ricordea's... all different colors and types. They are super easy to keep, but a pita to get to attach. They have great color under actinic too.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mtfatwork said:
If you want them to propagate just aim a power head directly at them. I have a ton of ricordea's... all different colors and types. They are super easy to keep, but a pita to get to attach. They have great color under actinic too.
Cool! thank's for the info, mine is just a little guy, do you target feed them?
Brent.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
I wouldn't worry about feeding him.

Light is all they need. And when you feed your fish/other critters, scraps and what not will find their way in it's grip.

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts