The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a pistol shrimp as a freebie from a friend. I believe the pistol killed my 1 year old emerald (1st crab I ever purchased) and an unidentified crab I didn’t know I had until I found him dead. I am wondering if the pistol would become less aggressive if he was paired with a goby. I have 6-7 inch DSB for filtration, therefor I would prefer a goby that would not decimate all of the good critters in the sand.

Other tank inhabitants:
6 porcelin crabs
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Black Cuke (8 inches)
1 Sand sifter starfish (purchased long before the DSB)
2 True Percs
1 Naso Tang
1 Mandarin
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Yellow Tail Damsel
Several snails
Several blue leg hermits

G

·
i have a pistol in with my 6 other shimp and emerald crab.....i have yet to have a fatality from him.......as far as a golby that would pair up with a pistol....he is going to eat your sandbed fauna

G

·
yw thats what were here for.......
i would love to see a pic of your tank.....you got a nice list of specimens there..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a new setup (July 5th). I have pics of my old 55 g from April, I will put them up in my gallery space tonight. I will work on some newer pics, when I have them I will let you know. In August, I plan on purchasing several corals to fill in my empty spaces. ;)

G

·
was the manderian in the 55 gal????? do you have a fuge....they require a good supply of pods in order to survive

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mandarin was in the 55g from the 4th month after setup through the switch. I had hundreds of pods, I could see them in caves throughout the day. I am lucky, my mandarin will also eat frozen brine. She has takent the tank transition well. I have a 20 g fuge located to the top right of the tank, but I have not plumb it to my main tank yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.