The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I have a question regarding compatibility among some shrimp I want. I also want a purple reef lobster :) Right now I have two peppermint shrimp and I really want to get a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp and that purple reef lobster. Would these all work together? I had to say goodbye to the idea of a banded coral shrimp because I read they sometimes like to eat peppermint shrimp. Would there be any problems here? And they're all safe with corals and clams right? Because I plan on having a little bit of everything (softies, sps, lps, and a clam or two). The purple lobster is fine with fish too right? I just want to plan this perfectly so I don't cause chaos in my tank :) Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Peppermint shrimp are a hit or miss. Some will be excellent community members, but others will pick at tons of corals and sessile invertebrates.

The purple lobster will most likely kill your shrimp, maybe the clams, and any small and slow fish. Not a good community member.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice... yeah I was just reading up and they don't sound so great. I'm not getting one. Dodged a bullet there! But so far my peppermint shrimp haven't done anything to any corals at all. We'll see what happens with clams once I get one :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts