The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some pepermints to take care of a agtasia problem I have going on right now and I want to get some cleaner shimp to do fish cleaning and I love the way they look.
Will these two types of shrimp have any major aggression towards each other?
I have an 80 gallon and would get at least 2 of each type.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have one cleaner shrimp and three peppermint shrimp in my 80 gallon reef tank and they get along just fine! My cleaner shrimp has his station set up underneath a big flat tonga table LR and the peppermint patrol the valley underneath the ledge!;)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Don't change your plans!! Coral banded shrimp are quite aggressive in defending their territory and can be a problem. If you have a big enough tank like a 100 or more gallons then they can be out of each other's way! JMO:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a 2 year old Coral Banded in my Nano that is like a member of the family. Do you think if I add the other species of shrimp to the new 65G first - then a few days later add the coral B they will be ok? Can you mix ANY shrimp with the Coral B?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have an 80 gallon reef tank and had a coral banded shrimp in with two cleaner shrimp and everytime they crossed paths the coral banded was very aggressive and took one pincher off one of the cleaner shrimp.
I'm not saying it can't be done. If they can established their own territory and stay clear of one another then maybe! That is why a big tank is alot better when having a CBS!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.